Poughkeepsie Alumni Chapter
The Poughkeepsie Alumni Kappa League program is a mentoring program formed under the Guide Right Program of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
Our goals are:
1. To help youth in selection of courses leading to vocations compatible with their aptitudes and personalities.
2. To assist students while they are in training, to get started in employment, and to progress successfully in their chosen fields.
3. To assist parents in the handling of their children by giving them opportunities to talk over their problems with those who know and are successful in their chosen vocations.
4. To afford the less fortunate youths a respite from the drudgery of the streets, through sponsored entertainment and cultural enrichment.
5. To inform youth of the values of higher education, of assistance available for continued educational pursuits, scholarships, loans, professional counseling, fellowships, etc., of various occupational and professional opportunities.